Thursday 9 September 2010

rooting.

maybe i should call it nesting. whatever it is, it's pretty clear that i'm taking a cue from the autumnal weather and making pockets of nested-ness. in my life. in my home.

i've rearranged cupboards - realising how space could be freed up for other things, that we don't need to fight to fit the drying racks and ironing board and cleaning supplies all in one narrow cupboard clearly designed for only brooms, it really is 'broom closet.'

and i'm listing projects, fall plantings for the balcony garden, finally repainting a piece of furniture i bought last year with just such an intention, re-doing the coffee table, a new cover for the ironing board and oh, oh, canning! i have a glut of green tomatoes that are begging to be used but probably won't all ripen on the vine, sun where did you go?












i'm feeling creative, and whether that's just me, or the turn in season, or this sense of peacefulness that's pervading my life, despite all the busy-ness, who knows? regardless, i'm seeing a weekend of creating in the offing, including a long-distance bus ride to IKEA, which I'm secretly excited about as it will give me some serious time with my current reading love affair: Let the Great World Spin by Colm McCann. best quote so far:









There are rocks deep enough in this earth that no matter what the rupture, they will never see the surface. 
There is, I think, a fear of love.
There is a fear of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment