Thursday 4 November 2010

on my own strength.

it's been a while since i've been on here. work and life and training and being injured :( and london and friends leaving and friends visiting and deciding to move and finishing up a course and starting a new course have all gotten in the way. it's been a series of weeks of go-go-go. and the few chances for rest haven't been terribly rejuvenating. and a few nights ago while washing my face, i was gently prodded to remember that i'm not all alone in this struggle. that my weary body and my care-filled heart and not mine to carry alone. and i was humbled.

so the prayer went something like: help me, help me, help me. which is what anne lamott says is her most frequent prayer. followed swiftly by: thank you, thank you, thank you. and the thing is - the burdens are lifted when we lay them at the feet of god. and there is rest found, however briefly, when i focus on his in-dwelling spirit. and i am re-readied for another day. and it is oh. so. good.


1 comment:

  1. this post = total breath of fersh air. And a great reminder!
    Blessings!
    LIB
    http://bit.ly/gVtDgW

    ReplyDelete