Wednesday 15 June 2011

busy.

it's that time of year. work is full on. the summer is arriving (slowly) in london and the days stretch into night and before you realise it - hours have passed and it's too late, again. and we're getting married. less than two months from now, i will promise to be another's helper. to be a companion. to be a wife. gulp.

my initial reaction is panic - so much to do, not enough time! so much to learn, and i know so little! so much to think about and no space to slow down!

i've started making my quiet time a priority - first thing in the morning. before coffee or breakfast. before showering or getting dressed. before anything else, i spend some time in god's word. i meditate on his words and consider how they can impact my day, my life.



over lent le boy and i started texting each other every weekday morning (we usually end up seeing each other on weekend mornings), praying for each other. the texts aren't long. but it's a great way to remember that we submit our lives and our relationship to jesus in prayer, daily.

i cannot wait to live with my husband, to share coffee in the morning, and pray together before we start our days, but i'll miss the texts, the very visible reminders that we have been gifted to each other.


2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful way to begin a marriage! You are embarking on an amazing, beautiful journey where you will discover that you are more than you ever thought you could be! You are starting out beautifully equipped. Wishing you blessings and joy on your impending marriage:)

    (I saw you over at Ann's - but I'm linking to a different post that I hope will bless you)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clicked away before I put in the magic word in the box Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. And it was a good comment too!! Anyway - no "gulps" here - I've read you for a while now – and I've seen glimpses of your heart – and I can see how you are ready to be a good partner, to be cherished and to cherish, to love and be loved. Your marriage will be 68,000 shades of awesome. Brie, God bless and keep you and your hubs to be!

    ReplyDelete